IDs & Birth Certificates
Without your birth certificate, you cannot get an ID. Without an ID, you cannot get a job, cash a check, go to the doctor, secure housing, and it is very difficult to function in modern society. For many of our clients who do not have housing or a secure place to store their documents, the necessity of an ID is a pressing issue. At Loaves and Fishes, we help our clients navigate the difficult road back to obtaining a valid ID, which can be the first step that many take to get back on the road to self-sufficiency.
To schedule an appoint to obtain an ID or Birth Certificate, call (478) 741-1007 and have the following items ready to bring with you to your appointment:
- Original birth certificate (no photocopies)
- Social security card or an official government document (such as a W2 or a letter from the Social Security Administration) with your name and SSN on it.
- 2 documents with your name, address, and the date. These documents could be two pieces of mail, a paycheck stub, etc.
- Proof of income including food stamps, disability, SSI, paychecks, child support checks, etc.
- Valid photo ID, such as:
- Driver’s License or another state issued ID card (valid or expired less than 1 year), employee ID Card, valid passport, military ID, current school ID,
- If you do not have an ID, your parent, sibling, or adult child that does have an ID can get your birth certificate for you
- If you were born in another state, the documents required vary based on the laws of that state. Most states require a valid ID.
Prescription Assistance Program
Our prescription assistance program is designed to help a person maintain or improve their health. Prescription assistance is provided on-site at Loaves and Fishes Ministry every Tuesday from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. This program allows those in need to use their available resources for other basic needs such as food or shelter. Eligible persons receive up to $200 for prescription assistance per year to obtain medications in the following categories: hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, kidney conditions, seizure, bronchitis, pneumonia, antibiotics, psychotropic medication, etc.
We do not provide assistance with pain medications.
Grocery Assistance Program
Our grocery program is designed to help families and individuals in need stock their pantries and kitchens with nutritious meals. Each household is eligible for ONE grocery pick-up each month. Members of the community who need grocery assistance must provide a photo ID, proof of income, and proof of residence to be eligible.
There will be no more walk-ups on Monday! All grocery appointments will be taken by phone only.
- Call on Monday at 11:00 am to pick up groceries on Tuesday at your appointed time
- Call on Tuesday at 11:00 am to pick up groceries on Wednesday at your appointed time
Please call (478) 741-1007 until you reach a live voice, please do not leave a message. This is a first come, first serve program. We will not place your name on the grocery list from a message.
All documents are required to get groceries, no exceptions!
We serve the household, not the individual, meaning that several people from the same household cannot get groceries separately. Seniors 60 and older get groceries every 14 days, general public get groceries every 30 days.
Loaves and Fishes serves snacks, lunches, and 3 pm dinners weekly
- Breakfast: Mon-Thurs 8:30-10:30am
- Lunch: Tuesday-Thursday at 12pm
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 3:00-3:30pm